Many thanks to the 100 families who completed the questionnaire at Parents’ Evening October 2016. It really helps us to see where you would like improvements to be made.
|Oct 2016||Oct 2015||Difference|
|1. My child enjoys coming to school||96%||97%||-1%|
|2. The school keeps my child safe||98%||98%||=|
|3. The school keeps me informed about my child’s progress||96%||94%||+2%|
|4. My child is making enough progress at the school||99%||98%||+1%|
|5. The school helps me to support my child’s learning||98%||97%||+1%|
|6. The teaching is good at this school||99%||100%||-1%|
|7. My child receives appropriate homework for their age||92%||94%||-2%|
|8. The school deals effectively with unacceptable behaviour||96%||96%||=|
|9. The school deals effectively with bullying||95%||91%||+4%|
|10. The school takes account of my suggestions and concerns||98%||96%||+2%|
|11. The school is led and managed effectively||97%||96%||+1%|
|12. Would you recommend this school to another parent?||99% – Yes||95% – Yes||+4%|
Additional comments on the questionnaires:
· Would like some pupils pushing more to achieve more
· Staff are caring and understanding my child’s needs
· Very pleased with the progress my child is making – I am very grateful for all the support
· Sometimes the homework can be too hard
· Sometimes we need longer to complete the homework
· Some of the bad behaviour in other kids does not improve
· I am very happy with the progress my child has made within the first term
· Miss Coles is great – very supportive
· I have a brilliant school now
· More communication needed
· I am very pleased with how my child has settled at school. He is making good progress and is happy in school
· More communication needed and chance for parents to air their views
· I am happy with how my child has come on since Reception
· Can you give out more homework please to help me support my kids at home?
· Very good safeguarding
· My child enjoys coming to school everyday
· Should be allowed at least one week holiday minimum of their own time
· My child loves coming to school
· Don’t agree with disco being for 95% attendance
· I have no concerns with the school or the teachers. I am happy to bring my child to this school as he is happy enough to be here. He’s learning new things and his confidence has really come along.
· I don’t think it’s fair that children are being punished for being genuinely ill – e.g. 95% school disco
In response to the comments:
- The Attendance Policy is reviewed annually and can be found on the policy section of the website. Coming to school every day is a really important way to help support your child to achieve their full potential. Government guidance is that 95% is the recommended attendance for primary pupils. As a school we reward those children who achieve this in many ways.
- Homework club has now been set up for Year 5 and Year 6 pupils to help support children to have a place where they can be helped to complete homework.
- A small group of parents are now asked to contribute their views before new initiatives are rolled out to the whole school. Coming soon is a new online report that this parent group has trialled.
Thank you for all the positive comments; I am extremely lucky to work at a school where staff are so dedicated. They are a constant pleasure to work with and I feel very proud of them all.